Vishay Intertechnology has extended the operating temperature range of its HOTcap K…H series of Automotive Grade, radial-leaded multilayer ceramic chip capacitors (MLCCs) to +200 °C — the industry’s highest for Ceramic Class 2 through-hole devices.
• High reliability MLCC insert produced in a unique wet build process
• Noble metal electrodes
• More robust to mechanical stress and can withstand higher operating temperatures than SMD parts
• Save space by eliminating the need for a PCB
• Lead wires allow for direct welding on lead frames and / or overmolding with plastic
• Coating made of flame-retardant epoxy resin in accordance with UL 94 V-0
Samples and production quantities of the extended K…H series are available now, with lead times of eight weeks.